Topic Brainstorm for Indian Epics

Weapons of the Gods is an interesting topic to me because a recurring trope I've seen in media is the use of a modern-day military searching for ancient weapons to get an edge against their enemies, and I have never seen the use of celestial weapons from Indian epics in these stories. My goal would be to write my own story of a hunt for an ancient weapon that could turn the tide in a war, maybe something like the Vajra.

Indra is a god that sticks out to me as he holds the same role as Zeus and Thor, but simply in another region. I feel that his origin story and meeting with the other thunder gods would make for a great story in a more realistic setting, like the captain of a sports team versus other high schools, a story built off the rivalry between legends. While I don't hold much knowledge on Indra outside of a brief skim of his article, the equal standing between the thunder gods and my knowledge of the other two would be used in a tournament arc-style plot.

The God of Love Kamadeva is new to me, but love stories involving mythology are always a good read. I'd like to learn what concepts of love and powers Kamadeva holds in comparison to the Greek goddess Aphrodite, as love most likely has different meanings between cultures. Taking a story about Kamadeva and using college kids as a vessel to retell it would be an easy way to appeal to the romantics amongst my peers and teach the values Kamadeva spreads.

Hanuman is a name I've heard many times but have never learned anything about him other than that he is a monkey god. I'm curious what makes him so popular, but he seems like a character that could be turned into a hero in a setting similar to the Avengers. I would retell his origin story in another world, making the plot revolve around some sort of reincarnation where he must once again face his greatest battles in different shape and form, but with the same unique elements that made them a part of his history before.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Quarantine Season 2

Week 14 Story: The Guilty Guards