Week 10 Lab: Write Microfiction

For Honor -
The rain poured hard, pattering against the building as V approached the hostage. They laid kneeling, hands cuffed behind their back, neon lights from the billboards painting the room in red and purple lighting. Time was running short, and V had to move soon. Suddenly, a flash of lighting and thunder rocked the room, stunning V and forcing him to freeze. Eyes blinded by the light, he froze until his vision recovered, showing him the assassin before him, blade drawn and against the neck of the hostage. "Too late", he said. V screamed as the sword swung.

Author's Note: I wanted to capture the moment in action movies where the hero is about to rescue someone, which is why I used imagery describing the scene to help add that idea to the narrative. Sometimes the hero saves someone at the last second when they think all is lost, so I ended the story right at the moment he would have saved her to leave it up to the reader to interpret how they think things would end.

He grabbed her. She slipped anyways.

Author's Note: This is my attempt at writing a six word horror story, so there is a lot of ambiguity on the context of this situation. I simply wrote out the action and conclusion of the action in the story, leaving the rest up to the reader to interpret why and how it occurred.



Comments

  1. Hi Aaron! Great job on these. I'm not gonna lie, when reading your microfiction I thought V was the bad guy and was going to be interrogating or killing the hostage. Either way, your imagery was perfect, making it a stormy night and describing the lights from the city, it felt like I was there in the room with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aaron! Your story has some mystery, and I love that. It really allows the readers mind to wander to different places rather than directed by you, the author. Some questions that pop into my mind are, who is V? What did he do to deserve his fate? And so many more. It allows me to create my own story in brainstorming though which I enjoy. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Quarantine Season 2

Week 14 Story: The Guilty Guards